Fannie Mae Careers
Data Management Analyst III
This position establishes, maintains, and communicates standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. This position documents data flows, data mappings, performs data lineage analysis as required by various enterprise projects. This position confers as needed with other technical staff to plan database conversion projects, or to establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Leads or provides technical assistance to data projects or operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more efficient use of data resources. Researches, assesses, and reports use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs change and corporate platforms develop.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners, technical partners, and representatives from other organizations to understand and evaluate their requirements regarding data, and ensure they are meet the needs and conform to the enterprise standards.
- Perform any necessary data mapping and data lineage activities, documents information flows.
- Manage initiatives focused on implementing enterprise data management capabilities.
- Align enterprise data management activities with industry best practices.
- Develop metrics associated with core job functions, exhibiting how better data management practices improve business value.
- Align data management efforts/initiatives directly to providing business value.
- Work with manager to monitor use and form of reporting data in multiple platforms and reports throughout the organization. Contribute to developing and communicating corporate and regulatory standards for using, providing access to, and reporting data, and to the compliance framework for tracking the implementation of these standards.
- Request and track reporting from departmental units on use of and security standards for data used in variety of databases and warehouses.
- Assist manager in establishing data security guidelines for data subject to specific regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with organizational units concerned with risk management, legal compliance and privacy to ensure unit's standards and practices are consistent.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Proven track record of hands-on data analysis, both manual and tool-based, with the ability to parse and make sense of large unstructured and semi-structured datasets
- Must have prior experience building data visualizations and metrics with Tableau or similar tools
- Demonstrated high proficiency in SQL and analysis & profiling of structured data in databases
- Possess good understanding of Enterprise Data Management concepts of data exchanges, metadata, modeling, data quality and stewardship functions
- Ability to translate and articulate business and technical concepts effectively when functioning as a liaison between business teams, technical teams and senior management
- Some hands-on experience with programming, scripting highly preferred
- Exposure to Enterprise Data Infrastructure implementations such as ODS, Warehouse, Data Lake, on-prem and cloud will be a big plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55283