Fannie Mae Careers
Sr. BI Engineer (Microstrategy)
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Develop, test, implement and maintain automated reports for the Treasury business.
- Gather relevant data and determine the most effective method for displaying the results including both speed and efficiency.
- Create and execute test plans. Document assumptions, methodologies and validation techniques.
- Handle on call responsibilities related to regular maintenance and patching.
- Answer user inquiries related to existing reports and support debug application in production mode.
- May lead a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years of experience with MicroStrategy architecture, reports and dashboard design.
- Knowledgeable about database design.
- Proven experience in demonstrating analytical perspectives, aggregation. navigation, and report design with drill capabilities.
- Strong SQL skills to build, debug, and optimize.
- ETL and reporting experience.
- Understanding of BI Tools (such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Informatica, QlikView) and reporting databases.
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and techniques, Passion to innovate and provide high quality reporting for users.
- Experience with automated regression suites such as Selenium.
- Experience with Informatica or BO Reports.
- Experience with Java.
- Treasury experience would be a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Req ID: 55280