Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Analysis Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Lead a team in the examination assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and financial statement impacts based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions. Prepare financial data and relevant commentary for SEC filings, eg 10Ks and 10Qs.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a team of professionals who analyze financial data for prospective purchase, asset allocation, fee generation or other cash flow. Assign work and track progress
- Confer with business unit management to determine current operating circumstances, needs for analysis of financial results, changing reporting requirements, as well as to update progress against Boards Goals and Regulatory Scorecard objectives.
- Confer with applications development staff regarding sources of relevant data, integrity of data, and forms in which data should be structured for staff to be able to perform effective analyses. Define business requirements for enhancement of applications.
- Lead on month end analyses to summarize, reconcile, and report financial data from transactions, fee payments, accruals, or other cash flows, in order to identify trends and provide insights.
- Provide input to developing business requirements for applications needed to accomplish specific analytical or reporting objectives.
- Plan, manage, evaluate and document performance of subordinate staff. Provide for technical and professional development of staff through assignment, mentoring, and professional training.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills; ability to gather and analyze financial and operational data for insightful reporting to management
- Cross-functional business skills, excellent facilitation and communication skills, strong influencing skills, and ability to effectively present to and work with senior management.
- Some level of technical skills, eg SQL, Microsoft Office, SAS
- Strong leadership skills and ability to interact with stakeholders and management at all levels
- Prior experience with implementing and/or creating process improvements.
- Background in Economics, Finance or Mortgage Industry
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55276