Fannie Mae Careers
Governance Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Governance Analyst III is responsible for leveraging expert level knowledge of the business, complex processes, and regulations in support of the effective implementation of the organization's governance, risk, and compliance programs. May recommend or implement procedures or business processes that are compliant with legal and regulatory directives and corporate mandates.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilizes broad expertise and specialized knowledge to lead and execute project management assignments related to policy and procedure development, compliance testing, process analyses, gap identification, and remediation.
- Develops and manages the implementation of operational and governance requirement for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, corporate, and business unit policies and procedures.
- Develops procedures and business processes that meet corporate standards and instruct business personnel in their use. Track compliance, evaluate results, and present best practice solutions to any issues that are identified.
- Evaluates new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Conducts risk and operational reviews and prepares analyses for complex projects often requiring an understanding of financial and market metrics. May present findings to Senior Management.
- Lead ad hoc projects and develop and implement corporate wide or business unit governance, risk, or compliance programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Lead project management efforts related to remediation of issues identified by internal and external sources.
- Serve as point of contact with HR, Operational Risk, Internal Audit, and Compliance. Field questions and concerns, provide guidance, communicate policies and procedures, ensuring issue resolution. Represent the unit as an expert to collaborate on cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Provide support for audit and regulatory reviews. Identify, appropriately escalate and evaluate solutions for operating gaps or other potential adverse conditions that could pose risk to the control environment.
- Identify impacts of governance on other processes, procedures, standard work, etc and provide recommendations to address.
- Leverage business knowledge to research best practices to proactively identify opportunities to drive change, build recommendations and influence decisions made by HR Leadership.
- Lead resiliency projects as required to ensure the readiness of business units within the HR organization. In partnership with Enterprise Resiliency, coordinate the development, maintenance and testing of resiliency plans and/or exercises for the HR organization. Facilitate work sessions, exercises and discussions with relevant teams and oversee follow up activities including reporting out on the activities.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55275