Fannie Mae Careers
Governance Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Governance Analyst II is responsible for leveraging knowledge of the business, complex processes, and regulations in support of the effective implementation of the organization's governance, risk, and compliance programs. This position performs a variety of roles including, but not limited to training, implementation, monitoring, research and analysis, remediation and reporting.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implements and maintains operational plans for key control activities to ensure compliance with regulatory, legal, and corporate or functional related policies and procedures.
- Identifies ongoing process improvements, operational gaps, and potential remediation steps.
- Evaluates new policies and procedures for operational and control impacts and governance, risk and compliance standards. May develop risk and operational reporting.
- Functions as a liaison to internal departments and aids in surfacing gaps between written procedures and staff execution; helps with and may lead process re-design and coordination of remediation efforts.
- Oversees and provides ongoing support for the update and maintenance of policies and procedures and other governance activities.
- Lead ad hoc projects and help develop and implement corporate wide or business unit governance, risk and compliance programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Records maintainer/manager liaison between HR and the Records Management Program Office (RMPO) to provide oversight of records management activities.
- Promote awareness with the policies, standards, procedures governance and related framework as well as the Policy Document Management System.
- Responsible for leveraging knowledge of the business, processes and regulations in support of the implementation of operational governance, risk and compliance of the policy and procedure manual.
- Support project management efforts related to remediation of issues identified by internal and external sources.
- Develop and manage Standard Work inventory for broader HR organization. Ensure revisions, additions, and reviews are escalated and maintained.
- Represent the unit as a resource to collaborate on cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Support resiliency projects as required to ensure the readiness of the business units within the HR organization. Support the development, maintenance and testing of resiliency plans and/or exercises for the HR organization in partnership with Enterprise Resiliency.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55274