Fannie Mae Careers
Compliance & Ethics Specialist IV - Records Management
- Provide records management and information governance subject matter expertise, leadership and direction
- Develop and execute high-level strategies and plans in supporting assigned business units with review of transactions, recordkeeping, communications, and the like that are subject to specific regulations affecting the business.
- Act as internal consultant for the compliance/ethics staff and for cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with regulations and policies. Study highly complex data. Present insights and learning. Advise management of significant findings.
- Gather data, reports, and documentation pertinent to regulatory reports and filings for regulatory agencies. Implement optimum solutions considering policies and current regulations.
- Prepare recommendations of policies and procedures for future regulatory reporting and compliance.
- Design, develop, and maintain processes to track, monitor, and report activities. Evaluate results. Present insights and best practices.
- Design, develop, and deliver training to staff in regulatory requirements. Follow up with business unit management and staff regarding corporate training and mandatory classes.
- Lead or perform projects at the highest level of complexity involving technology or the development of new procedures as a subject matter expert and to ensure that pertinent regulatory concerns are addressed in the project's outcomes.
- Prepare detailed gap analyses of current corporate practices against new regulatory requirements, engage key corporate stakeholders, identify potential gaps, develop remediation plans with business unit management, track plans through completion, produce timely reporting, and advise senior management and regulatory agencies of compliance status.
- Articulate complex program activities to auditors and regulatory agencies, maintain critical program documentation and address any required remediation activities in a timely manner.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent required
- Master or Other Advanced Degree preferred
- Area of study - Accounting, Business or Finance preferred
- 6+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of Records Management and Information Governance framework and practices, preferably in financial services industry.
- Compliance or audit related professional active certification (e.g. CIA, CPA. iAG, Record Manager) required.
- 4+ years of compliance, public accounting, or internal audit experience.
- Experience in reviewing work papers and providing coaching notes to staff.
- Experience managing complex projects independently and recognizing when to escalate issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in written and verbal communications, across business lines and with all levels of management.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55265