Fannie Mae Careers
Application Support Analyst I – Tech Support
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
As part of the Digital Workplace team, the Application Support Analyst will assist Tech Center customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues face to face and over the phone. Provide support to office or business unit users of proprietary or custom application software. Answer technical questions, troubleshoot problems, and guide users to gain productive use of software. May extract data, format and run reports, or perform specific analytical functions using application. May have substantial subject matter knowledge of business unit discipline. Includes both staff in corporate facility supporting use of business-specific applications to corporate staff, or staff providing product support to customers using proprietary software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide customer focused support to employees centered on communication and follow through to ensure a timely resolution of all support requests.
- Assist Tech Center customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as password resets, email setup, hardware or software issues, mobile applications, and remote access.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Assist staff in unit with use of application that automates or executes their business processes.
- Study business processes in client or host unit and how they are automated. Examine business processes in unit to determine how they could be translated into requirements for IT applications.
- May develop data extractions or develop reports from requests or requirements stated by clients. Use database, report writer, data mart, or specialized applications to generate reports or analyses.
- May support application(s) in production. Note interruptions or bugs in operation and perform standard diagnostics to determine problem and resume use of the application.
- In some cases, carry pager and respond to calls to deal with production problems from remote access system.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience, such as IT Support
- Possess basic knowledge of troubleshooting internal technical infrastructure, including but not limited to: Microsoft environment (MS Windows family, O365, SCCM, Azure), Jabber, DUO, Citrix VPN
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with a focus on client service
- Strong breadth of knowledge on software, hardware, and IT procedures
- Have intermediate level understanding of multiple critical technology systems and business processes
- Proficient in providing work notes and resolution details in tickets resolved and escalated
- Ability to thoroughly follow ticketing process to maintain accuracy
- Demonstrate a high degree of skill in areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including effective communication skills
- Ability to assist team lead in various projects and tasks across the Northern Virginia region
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55254