Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer III- Big Data/AWS
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Join Enterprise Risk Management Technology team to deliver next generation of data management capabilities on AWS Enterprise Data Lake (EDL). Utilize latest technology such as big data and machine learning to deliver insight to better understand market, credit and operational risk. Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead development teams' efforts to develop state of the art solutions to support key business processes
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in Agile development methodologies and processes.
- Use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Work with Product Owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool including the AWS stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment (CICD) when needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis, application of analysis/design engineering functions, application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc., advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- AWS Certification preffered
- 4+ years of related experience
· 4+ years of Java/Python, SQL, PySpark
· 2+ years of experience in building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, Hive, Glue, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, etc.)
· Experience with building RESTful Web Services
· Excellent problem solving skills, strong verbal & written communication skills
· Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
· Hadoop and other Big Data Technologies
· Tableau or Micro-Strategy reports/analytics experience
· Agile / Scrum (SAFe preferred)
· Unix Scripting
· Knowledge of Financial Products, Risk Management, Portfolio Management is preferred but not mandatory. Training will be provided to help you gain ground.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55249