Fannie Mae Careers
Scrum Master II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Suports one or more delivery teams within the fast-paced application development environment. Helps build high performing teams, build shippable product, and responsible for leading Agile project coordination to support various upstream and downstream teams. Serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Serve as Scrum Master for 1-2 scrum teams
- Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
- Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
- Represent the team daily at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report impediments for escalation.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies for the team (S1, Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo).
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner. Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Experience in implementing agile processes within a large organization going through an Agile transformation.
· 4+ years of Agile Software Development experience in financial industry, with knowledge of SAFe, Kanban, and other industry best practices.
· Experience with PI Planning, facilitate scrum ceremonies for the teams (Sprint Planning, Retrospective, Backlog Refinement & Review/Demo).
· Experience with facilitating the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
· Excellent communication skills including listening, verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills.
· Help build a productive team environment where teamwork and group problem solving is encouraged
· Takes a coach/mentor approach to help teams adopt an attitude of continuous improvement
· Servant leader/facilitator of team meetings
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55248