Fannie Mae Careers
Systems Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Multifamily Tech Development team in Herndon, VA is currently looking for a Systems Analyst III to support applications that are critical to our multifamily business unit. You will help design and develop computer applications and systems from existing systems, user needs and specifications, and software design constraints and software capabilities. Use structured methodology to define needs, develop and documenting technical requirements, and define coding specifications. May work with off-the shelf application software, proprietary organization application, or enterprise software which is being modified or customized for a particular report or analytic purpose. Brings to bear both knowledge of computer systems' capabilities and limitations and the business needs of client. May spec out estimated time and resources needed for a project.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with the business unit or other subject matter experts to identify or refine technical requirements for application under development or being revised.
- Document requirements for enhancements for specific application.
- Review and/or contribute content to requirements, design, or test documentation.
- Perform data analysis at various stages of project, in order to assure development of a quality application. Analysis can include requirements development, testing, or user acceptance.
- Evaluate test results, where necessary, to assist development or test staff.
- Assist project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track.
- Provide business domain and/or technology and/or process expertise and mentoring to others on team. Prepare or contribute to briefings of application owners at pertinent stages of project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Ability to communicate well in cross-functional teams and bridge between the technical teams and business stakeholders while
- Attention to detail and a desire to deliver quality products
- Experience with JIRA for writing user stories, acceptance criteria, and tasks
- Experience with XML as well as Web Services
- Extensive development, integration, and application support experience
- Familiar with Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with Spring Integration, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, SOA, GIT and Oracle is a plus
- Coding experience within the Java Stack would be a plus
- Exposure to SAFe framework and Scrum Master experience
- CBAP certification
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55220