Fannie Mae Careers
Storage Engineering Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
This role will be focused on extending our capabilities and working on innovative opportunities for end-to-end optimization of enterprise infrastructure solutions, with focus and depth in storage technology, virtualization and cloud research. The successful candidate will have a strong background in storage solutions, hyper-converged infrastructure, data storage, networking, and virtualization combined with a unique ability to evangelize and differentiate game-changing technology.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
Research and develop options to address performance and functional issues pertaining to storage environments.
Collaborate closely with other infrastructure areas (e.g. Network, Windows, and Database) to provide architected solutions for projects, and corporate initiatives to ensure system performance, availability and security across platforms
Collaborate within the Infrastructure Architects to help plan and architect a modern, portable storage enterprise solution
Set guidance for storage solutions
Collaborate with infrastructure teams, application development teams, testing and release teams to develop process around utilization and monitoring of system resources as they relate to implementation new storage environments.
Develop and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams according to established standards.
Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development trends to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
Serve as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in converged infrastructure
- Research and develop engineered solutions and alternatives to align with business goals and processes
- Partner with business in data analysis to document current storage usage patterns, reduce duplication of stored information and improve efficiency of storage consumption
- Collaborate with business, solution/enterprise architects to translate business requirements into scalable solution options and provide input to Business Analytics and Master Data roadmap/strategyManage a team Technical Engineers to ensure business and technical requirements are met in the design, implementation and execution of the IT infrastructure environment.
- Plan, document, manage and evaluate performance of staff. Provide for technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training.
- Review and manage budgets. Partners with business domains to provide inputs to business cases to establish business, financial and technology plans.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- In depth knowledge current storage and backup technologies to determine going forward strategic direction for corporate storage and data archiving/backup systems.
- Experience developing architecture and engineering solutions around storage and backup following industry standard best-practices
- Knowledge industry standards to meet business continuity requirements in an enterprise, multi-platform storage and system recovery environment.
- Ability to work independently on researching new technologies to develop enterprise level storage, data backup and recovery, and data replication solutions for business needs.
- Experience must include at least five years of experience with each of the following: system integration, storage engineering in a mixed Linux/Windows environment
- Experience performing enterprise multi-platform environment and sound systems troubleshooting.
- Understanding of systems integration with EMC Storage (Isilon, VNX+SRDF, and RecoverPoint), Cisco SAN Fabric Director Class Switches and experience in additional Enterprise Storage systems including NetApp, PureStorage, and Nimble.
- Experience Commvault backup technologies as well as backup best practices using industry backup products.
- Experience in Back-up/recovery methodology, clustering and high availability strategies
- Experience developing infrastructure design documentation for complex projects involving third parties that can be handed off to managed services groups to implement
- Experience moving an organization to next generation technology and solutions
- Data Management: classification, storage optimization, consolidation, data protection
- Architecture Design: design/layout global network, develop operations best practices and create design benchmarks for use in business expansion.
- Experience with EMC storage solutions as well as next generation storage options
- Experience with SAN replication tools
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55205