Fannie Mae Careers
Technology Engineer Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a team Technical Engineers to ensure business and technical requirements are met in the design, implementation and execution of the IT infrastructure environment.
- Plan, document, manage and evaluate performance of staff. Provide for technical and professional growth through assignments, mentoring, and technical training.
- Review and managebudgets. Partners with business domains to provide inputs to business cases to establish business, financial and technology plans.
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized.
- Manage engineering projects to keep infrastructure current (both available and developing technology), to phase out higher risk equipment, to ensure reliable data disaster recovery and contingency solutions, and to improve data reliability and performance.
- Ensure that change management projects manage risk to applications and technologies. Design project to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Confer with project manager(s) or provide project management regarding applications and technologies and ensure that project related risks are mitigated. Ensure project is designed to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments. Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production.
- Establish strategic direction for operating system platforms including technology reviews, analysis and selection in order to ensure company has adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for various applications.
- Develop architecture strategies to ensure that current products can continue to evolve into the next generation storage, to ensure cost-effective data protection solutions, and to ensure scalable solutions for enterprise-wide deployment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- New Relic/App dynamics
- IBM ITM vNext APM
- Supervision of Installation and configuration of either of the APM tools specified above
- To understand detailed customer requirements and create solution deployment plans based on the requirements
- To help identify and define enhancements to the monitoring methodology and provide best practices
- Strong problem determination, root cause identification, and problem resolution skills
- Understanding of event integration capabilities
- Basic knowledge of security frameworks (SSL, Data encryption, GS Kit)
- People management and administrative & mentoring skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal & customer interaction skills is a must.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55200