Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Business Analyst III will provide support to the Accounting Operations areas. Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, information flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Participate in meetings and projects with client staff, project managers, and developers to automate, upgrade, or expand applications that accomplish business operations of assigned work unit(s).
- Create, design, and format technical specification documentation including architecture diagrams, process flows, and other information or processes needed to describe required system changes for development, QA, and other internal customers.
- May provide support to applications in production by tracking production problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Develop queries, analyses, or reports from applications for operations or management staff of assigned business unit(s).
- Provide guidance or technical supervision to less experienced staff performing similar functions.
- Create new Business Objects reports and defect fixes on existing reports
- Creating new Tableau dashboards and make changes to existing dashboards
- Migrate the Business Objects Reports from lower environments to production
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems preferred
- Strong Business Objects & Tableau report development skills
- Strong understanding of ETL concepts; experience in desktop ETL tools, such as Alteryx
- Experience and strong knowledge of creating and using complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and validating reports/backend data
- Strong Data Analysis skills with Database knowledge and experience with database query tools and languages
- Experience with complete Software Development Life Cycle including requirements, design, and development and testing
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work independently as well as in a dynamic matrix team environment to provide support to business user
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to change priorities when needed
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55196