Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Principal role in InfoSec serves as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture. They align approaches with the broader architecture vision. The Principal is a thought leader, setting strategic direction for InfoSec Architecture and Cloud Security decisions and provides guidance to IT Enterprise, Data, and Business Architecture, Network Engineering as well as Cloud Engineering. They will partner with business stewards to define performance metrics for target architecture(s); promote and educate stakeholders on the use and value of optimized architecture(s). They will also provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions. They will conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions. Work products may include; enterprise architecture patterns for InfoSec, developmental trainings for InfoSec and other parts of Fannie Mae, research & development related to InfoSec tools and methodologies (introduction of new technologies and products to protect the enterprise). This Principal Architect will provide technical leadership and strategy around Identity, Credential and Access Management (ICAM) for Fannie Mae and customers, pattern development, and security architecture, design, and engineering for Cloud Security and Compliance (Public and Private).
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical and security expertise to IT, InfoSec, and business teams to identify security technology solutions and develop security technology and reference architectures and strategies to achieve business results.
- Build and maintain good relationships with business teams and across InfoSec.
- Act as key contributor to InfoSec cloud and Identify and Access Management strategy, communicate objectives, and ensure InfoSec and Fannie Mae teams conform to established standards, policies and guidelines.
- Provide architectural guidance, technological recommendations and transition strategies that support the development and implementation of new applications.
- Oversee the creation, maintenance and enforcement of the current and target state architecture blueprint, transitional architectures and roadmaps.
- Champion architecture vision and roadmaps for the suite of capabilities within strategic initiatives and lead reuse, buy and build decisions.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise, at the highest level of complexity to other InfoSec team members and technology resources assigned to projects.
- Act as a trusted technology partner and key contributor for business and technology teams.
- Serve as lead and technical expert on assigned SDLC projects, pre-SDLC initiatives (RFI, RFP) and technology selection.
- Participate in developing an architecture resource strategy, operating model and resource plans to ensure effective and sustainable architecture function and ensure effective resource coverage.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic solutions while driving architectural recommendations. Share that strategic thinking with the team and guide them as needed in delivering solutions that align to the strategy. Continually raise the bar and challenge the status quo.
- Work within the team to develop and mentor others on architecture, design and implementation standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Report to senior management on implications of trends, risk, strategy, and regulatory requirements affecting InfoSec.
- Provide expert level AWS solution architecture and automation building security into the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Collaborate with business leaders to determine how to best use technology to enable their growth and success.
- Balance strategic and tactical needs without compromising the business-technology alignment and roadmap.
- Keep abreast of relevant market trends/best practices and maintains strong industry relationships outside the company.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (Required) and Master or Other Advance Degree (Preferred) in Computer Science or Information Systems
- IT Security certifications; CISSP, CCNA, CISA, or GIAC equivalent (desired) AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional (desired)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Expert in Enterprise Architecture with a focus on InfoSec technologies with a high level of expertise around other Information technologies (IT) outside of the Security arena.
- Recognized leader and innovator in their space with an established work history across multiple IT disciplines.
- Demonstrated expertise in mitigating and understanding threat vectors including actor behavior, DDoS, Phishing, Malicious Payload, Cloud, Mobile Devices, etc.
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and methodologies to protect technology assets.
- Proven expertise in building a defense in depth infrastructure Security Architecture that includes Security controls across the technology stack.
- Proven ability to champion both conventional and non-conventional methods to protecting an enterprise at scale.
- Strong knowledge of networking, IAM, public cloud, enterprise logging, SIEM, API Management, containerization, CI/CD, and security assessment tools/methodologies.
- Demonstrated architecture and solution design experience required to develop cloud based detailed design specifications.
- Demonstrated leadership among other architects through technical expertise and complex design development.
- Must be able to mentor and teacher others technical concepts.
- Ability to author whitepapers related to Architecture, Cloud Security, and Access Management.
- Must be a recognized leader in their space inside and outside of Fannie Mae.
Core Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in an environment using agile methodology
- Experience not with just pure design, but experience in the actual delivery of projects
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels to gain consensus across the organization
- Process analysis and systematic thinking
- Ability to develop and drive enterprise security architecture strategy
- Ability to leverage experience and expertise to scale new technologies, frameworks, and tools across the organization
- Ability to manage large, cross-divisional program activities in a complex environment and drive results
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to enhance enterprise security through research and development (R&D)
- Knowledge and/or experience relating to Outsourcing/Managed Service Provider governance, transition, contract management and performance management
- Experience driving organizational change
- Experience working in a matrixed team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Client/Customer Service Delivery Experience
- Experience in applying best practices related to Stakeholder Management
- Prior experience in financial services a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55178