Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Serves as an expert advisor and relationship manager in executing priorities, supporting business goals, and implementing best-in-class strategies, including executive visibility programs. Clients may be internal corporate stakeholders, media or customer facing business leaders. Key contributor to the creation and delivery of strategic communications and marketing initiatives that deliver quantifiable results to support corporate priorities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contributes to and implements communication and marketing strategies to support the company's strategic initiatives. Develops strong working relationships with business area management/clients.
- Identify, understand and resolve client issues. Thinks creatively and provides strategic solutions. Builds client commitment and engagement around strategy.
- Adds value and creates impact for clients. Establishes a trusted advisor relationship with clients and is considered a strategic partner in achieving partners' business goals and objectives. Collaborates both within own group and across divisions to deliver consultative, strategic solutions to clients.
- Seeks to understand the direction of the company. Serves as a role model for delivering the company's messages and supporting its vision.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams. May supervise junior level resources.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of related experience.
- Excellent news release/executive remarks/social media writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience writing external communications for c-suite executives.
- Demonstrated experience writing external communications plans for initiatives, products/programs, senior executive speaking platforms, media campaigns, etc.
- Demonstrated experience conceiving and executing executive visibility programs, including familiarity with major conferences and events, experience pitching conference organizers, and development and placement of thought leadership content.
- Public Relations/Advertising/Marketing agency experience considered a plus.
- Excellent communications skills; strong instincts to guide communications planning and strategy; flawless execution.
- Knowledge of communications best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite.
- Experience within finance and/or mortgage industry, nice to have.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55176