Fannie Mae Careers
Capital Markets Mortgage Servicing Rights Lead
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Mortgage Servicing Rights Specialist III will work in Fannie Mae's Capital Markets division. This position will conduct analysis and research to support lender liquidity, the management of the legacy book, Capital Markets trading desks, and/or MBS policy related decisions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Track market activities; understand and evaluate new developments in the MSR market and report on potential impact to Fannie Mae MSR liquidity.
- Develop and evaluate relative value strategies. Conduct rigorous analysis consistent with overall strategy of the group, ensuring all policies and procedures are properly observed.
- Be a subject matter expert within a sub-portfolio by thoroughly understanding composition of assets, applicable valuations, risk profile and liquefying strategies. Represent the group in this capacity to senior management and various groups within the organization.
- Perform and present custom market analyses. Use internal valuation and risk models to assist with analysis and identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Develop and build strong relationships with internal customers through active engagement.
- Lead team discussions offering insights and opinions, represent the desk in internal discussions with key stakeholders and participate in meetings with external customers. Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced members of the team.
- Demonstrate proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Yield book, etc.) and provide assistance to less experienced traders. Remain current on dealer research/analysis and available third party analytics.
- Contribute to the process of model and technology improvement across various analytic and database tools.
- Ensure procedures capture all activities and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Identify opportunities to enhance our risk management strategy through adapting to the market changes and make recommendations to management to enhance such strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Prior experience with residential MSR capital markets, brokerage services and/or valuation and analytics experience is required.
- Understanding of MSR concurrent transfer and MSR bulk transfer markets is necessary
- Understanding of MSR financing market is a plus
- Ability to bring best practices that exist in the MSR marketplace and apply to Fannie Mae’s practices.
- In depth understanding of pricing/best execution, pooling, and delivery is a plus.
- Deep understanding of mortgage backed securities market is a plus.
- Strong influencing and customer service skills are mandatory.
- Proven ability to develop customer relationships.
- Understanding of financial tools and concepts is necessary.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55160