Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analyst I (Economic and Strategic Research)
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Business Analyst is a member of the Economic and Strategic Research (ESR) group within Fannie Mae. ESR is headed by the Chief Economist and its mission is to deliver high quality forecasts and independent research and analysis on relevant economic, demographic and housing-related topics to inform Fannie Mae business decisions. The position will work closely with other team members, other groups within the Enterprise, as well as with outside groups.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Produce regular and ad hoc presentations, reports, analyses, and executive summaries of the macro economy and housing and mortgage market developments and forecasts, both on a national and regional basis, for the Board of Directors, senior management, business units, regulators and other external audiences
- Meet the needs of business managers across the company related to macroeconomics, housing, and mortgage market analysis and forecasts through responding to data requests and proactively seeking to understand and satisfy business units’ data/analysis needs
- Conduct special analyses and projects to support the work of the ESR group
- Assist with answering requests from outside parties for the ESR forecast
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Deep curiosity in the economy is essential
A Bachelor’s degree in one of these area is preferred: Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
Demonstrated interest or experience in the analysis of the macro economy and the real estate market is essential
Familiarity or some experience in data analysis and presentation tools such as Excel, PowerPoint or Tableau
Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and attention to detail
Strong organizational skills to produce reports on schedule and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Good interpersonal skills to maintain relationships with both internal and external customers in both technical and business areas
Strong written and verbal communication skills needed to communicate analysis and results to wide range of audiences
Ability to work with on a schedule with hard deadlines
Ability to work with others in an integrated way to achieve individual objectives as well as organizational results
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55159