Fannie Mae Careers
Repair Specialist II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate autonomously in managing maintenance and restoration construction for REO properties. Prepare and review accurate, current, and accessible reports. Perform special projects requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage REO property repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, flooring, roofing, mechanical, and electrical.
- Review and utilize BPO, AV, and engineering reports to validate scope and cost of repair bids.
- Recruit and vet contractors to meet market demands. Train contractors in the firm's processes and procedures.
- Partner with field representatives and brokers in monitoring contractor performance to ensure timely completion of services and payment of contractor invoices. Review and negotiate contractor excessive fee requests for maintenanceservices.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and environmental and health standards.
- Evaluate and update company maintenance and repair specifications, guidelines, and pricing structures to ensure competitiveness.
- Collaborate with sales representatives and brokers to establish an appropriate repair strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Construction Knowledge
- Vendor Management experience
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Analytical Skills
- Good Time management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55155