Fannie Mae Careers
Economic Model Analyst II
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Conduct and review analyses of effects of different economic conditions on the company's products, assets, or investments for the purposes of independent Internal Audit assessments of model risk. Identify and evaluate economic trends and their impact on financial and statistical models used across Fannie Mae for pricing, valuations, credit risk management, market risk management, financial reporting, and forecasting purposes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conduct economic research on public, proprietary, or lender data to assess trends or patterns for the purposes of an independent assessment of reasonableness of a variety of models used across the company.
- Examine macroeconomic data and their implications for modeling of home prices, interest rates, and similar economic drivers of loan behavior.
- Apply sophisticated econometric or quantitative methods to evaluate the full life cycle of models used across the company, focusing on model design/methodology, inputs and outputs, usage, model performance, monitoring and change management processes.
- Review technical documentation written by model owner and ensure that they are accurately implemented.
- Conduct fieldwork, including data analysis, technical reviews, and other substantive testing relating to model risk related controls. Document and maintain sufficient supporting information and facilitate the presentation of findings and conclusions in accordance with the department's work paper standards.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
- Familiarity with multiple financial modeling disciplines, such as predictive modeling, asset-liability management, term structure modeling, derivatives pricing theory, quantitative risk management, etc.
- Prior experience building, testing, and/or validating financial/economic/statistical models required, including review of inputs, assumptions, methodologies and outputs. In-depth knowledge of machine learning methods and hands-on experience in applying various methods are strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with programming tools such as SAS, R, Matlab, Python or comparable applications required.
- Analytical skills inclusive of the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, even if information is limited as well as explain problems or situations using a basic systematic framework.
- Ability to adapt and work in a frequently changing and unstructured environment and deal with ambiguity.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55143