Fannie Mae Careers
Data Management Analyst I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, establish, maintain, and communicate standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. Confer as needed with other technical staff to plan database conversion projects, or to establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Guide or provide technical assistance to database administration projects or operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more efficient use of data resources. Research, assess, and report use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs change and corporate platforms develop.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with manager to monitor use and form of reporting data in multiple platforms and reports throughout the organization.
- Assist in requesting and tracking of reporting from departmental units on use of and security standards for data used in variety of databases and warehouses.
- Assist manager in establishing data security guidelines for data subject to specific regulatory requirements.
- Assist in communicating with organizational units concerned with risk management, legal compliance and privacy to ensure unit's standards and practices are consistent.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with SQL and querying databases
- Experience with software requirements management and testing
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Knowledge of mortgage finance a plus
- Knowledge of the Agile software development methodology a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55137