Fannie Mae Careers
Director Quantitative Engineering
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff uses advanced computational, mathematical, statistical, or data analysis tools to apply financial or economic theory in creating, implementing or testing modeling and analytical software systems for use in product development, pricing, portfolio management, forecasting, risk management and other business applications.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead implementation of financial models, cash flow simulations, P&L and risk metrics calculations in end-user or production computing systems for use in business decisions, financial and regulatory reporting, and risk management. Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Apply expertise in translating complex mathematical, business, and financial modeling logic into software code.
- Provide leadership in design and execution of test cases for modeling and analytical software applications to ensure they meet business needs and model requirements.
- Link company's strategic objectives and business context to implementation of modeling application systems via distributed computing both on premise and on external cloud.
- Lead assessment of model implementation quality and production control risk, and develop and implement assessment strategies. Ensure model applications are executed in accordance with established company policies and procedures, review and approve model outputs and quantitative reports prior to business use.
- Develop strategies to ensure system requirements for model and analytical applications are met with appropriate technology platforms and architecture designs for robust and scalable execution.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner both verbally and in writing. Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Effectively lead a team to drive multiple projects by providing thought leadership and working closely with highly specialized subject matter experts across lines of business. Recruit and retain talent; coach and develop team members. Build relationships across the organization by partnering with peers and senior leaders throughout the company.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Extensive knowledge of GSE credit risk transfer programs
- Experience creating structured transactions
- Ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and succinctly, both to senior management and third parties, including investors
- Knowledge of advanced quantitative techniques, such as cash flow forecasting
- Willingness to travel
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55117