Fannie Mae Careers
Director Risk Analytics
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Direct the work of a unit whose staff develop value-at-risk models for the classes of assets or financial instruments the company owns or underwrites. Use risk assessment models such as scenario models or sensitivity analyses to measure and quantify risk as it pertains to different classes of assets. May apply advanced mathematical, statistical, or other financial analytical tools to develop more precise analyses or projections of the financial performance of different assets classes in different economic environments. May use advanced programming skills to test or validate models or to price or evaluate various derivative products.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with business units whose assets or transactions are subject to risk analysis for business or regulatory reasons. Determine ways in which analysis or analytical tools can be sharpened or made more useful to the business, customers, or regulators.
- Direct the work of a unit in applying varied statistical and mathematical tools to analyzing the risk of varied financial products, assets and transactions. Review and critique analysis and suggest different analytical approaches or methods.
- Confer with leadership and key professionals among economists, modelers, treasury and trading to coordinate efforts and sustain consensus on the organization's approach to analyzing and quantifying risk.
- Track academic research in quantitative modeling used to quantify risk for financial assets and their derivatives; may confer with academic professionals on current thinking, models entering use, and the like.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Deep knowledge of non-financial risks and analysis
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55115