Fannie Mae Careers
Director Operational Risk
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Staff assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would trigger disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of units whose operational risk is tracked to understand operational processes and to identify likely intersections, handoffs, bottlenecks and access points where operational risk is greater. Establish metrics for the business unit.
- Establish standards and methodology for staff to use in assessing, measuring, and reporting operational risk. Assign and prioritize work to staff according to corporate standards and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assess proprietary applications developed for staff to use in aggregating, analyzing, and assessing operational risk in the course of studying assigned units. Suggest business or system requirements to technical staff for refinements of these applications.
- Prepare, or oversee the preparation of assessments or reports for business unit management, division or corporate management. Suggest adaptations to operational risk assessment tools, policies, or procedures based on current empirical data.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
Experience with operational risk management frameworks, including the design and execution of operational risk pillar programs, required
Experience with risk management frameworks, including the three lines of defense, required
Experience with the preparation and delivery of presentations to senior executives, required
Strong collaboration and negotiation skills
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Highly adaptable and comfortable with managing competing priorities
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55104