Fannie Mae Careers
Financial Engineer III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms and analyses that will be used to support the Multifamily Loss Allowance/Credit Forecasting processes within the Finance Business Analytics organization. This individual will research and evaluate the multifamily loss allowance/credit forecast results and perform credit-related analyses for both expected and stress scenarios including DFAST. The individual must be able to build and maintain strong business relationships with partners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the multifamily loss allowance and credit expense forecast process; anticipate questions from key stakeholders and develop analyses to address them. Develop thoughtful summaries of team's work that communicate results clearly. Assist in presentation of results to senior management.
- Develop ad hoc analyses and presentations in support of business priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Confer with product managers, marketing staff, capital market staff, or business unit management to determine analytical or product-related needs regarding product, investment instrument, market activity, or complex transaction to be analyzed.
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Propose new risk indicators for senior staff/management approval and implementation. Assist with consulting with the business owners, designing and implementing an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
- Design basic to moderately complex test cases and test applications for systems used for a variety of analytical, pricing, risk management or credit pricing to ensure the business needs are met and analytics are correctly implemented.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- MBA in Finance or a Master's degree in Financial Engineering, Finance, Economics or related field is preferred
- CFA or FRM are also valued.
- 4+ years of related experience (Commercial real estate/multifamily preferred)
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in explaining complex analysis to business partners
- Prior quantitative and finance training, including forecasting/stress testing (DFAST) knowledge
- Background in a quantitative field such as economics, finance, statistics, etc.
- General financial knowledge, including cash flow modeling and valuation
- Experience in financial services/banking industry required; mortgage industry experience preferred
- Experience with analytic and/or reporting tools such as SAS, Matlab, R, Python, SQL and Tableau
- Experience with programming on UNIX/Linux including shell scripting
- Great analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to conduct analysis independently to address complex risk issues
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55102