Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Securities Marketing
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Fixed Income Marketing group within Fannie Mae collaborates with its business partners to provide a comprehensive suite of marketing services for investors and related market participants. The team serves as a strategic partner to internal clients to provide authentic and compelling information to external investor and related customers. The team works across a variety of subject matter including Single-Family, Multifamily, Corporate Debt, and more, providing team members with a unique opportunity to engage across the company, acting in a strategic, consultative capacity.
The Director, Fixed Income Marketing works collaboratively with staff to plan and direct work to support strategic marketing of Fannie Mae’s Fixed Income products. In this role, the Director implements and executes on a multifaceted fixed-income securities marketing plan designed to create investor preference for Fannie Mae’s securities. The Director operates with considerable latitude, acting in a collaborative role to support the Company in executing upon corporate priorities and strategic initiatives that affect the end investor and related market participants. The Director is responsible for being a model team leader, working collaboratively with his or her direct reports and providing them with exposure and opportunities to further their professional skills to advance their careers, while supporting the key objectives of the Fixed Income Marketing team’s internal clients and investor customers.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Independently represent the Marketing desk with internal and external executive-level stakeholders by providing factual, quality information to support Fannie Mae’s business, corporate priorities, strategic initiatives, financials, and fixed-income products, focusing on all aspects of Fannie Mae’s fixed income rate and credit products
- Coordinate with marketing departments and business areas across Fannie Mae to ensure clear communications and consistency in messaging across stakeholder groups, acting as the voice of the investor
- Work with team members and internal clients to:
- Develop, refine, and execute on strategic plans for Fannie Mae’s fixed income programs in order to build and maintain relationships with fixed income investors, broadening the distribution of Fannie Mae fixed-income securities among targeted investor segments
- Execute and maintain ongoing marketing activities, to include, but not limited to in-person and digital interactions, conference and events
- Manage to and track success of marketing and communications strategies, supporting internal clients in successful execution
- Lead the development of compelling presentation, educational, and research materials to educate market participants, collaborating with teams across Fannie Mae to develop valuable materials
- Create and maintain contact lists, source and develop new contacts and use to drive a cohesive, thoughtful marketing strategy
- Be a model team leader
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced members of the team
- Plan and direct the professional development of staff by means of assignment, training, or mentoring
- Work collaboratively with team members to provide them with exposure and opportunities to further their professional skills to advance their careers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills, including:
- Ability to mentor and coach staff to work to utmost potential, in a collaborative manner that drives enthusiasm and excellent work product
- Lead by example, demonstrating an excellent ability to gain trust of team members, internal and external clients through authenticity
- Demonstrate ability to influence across various business areas and coach team members on successful influencing tactics
- Strong judgment
- Sharp, positive, energetic outlook and an aptitude for learning
- Proactiveness to lead a variety of tasks and projects to successful implementation
- Strong collaboration skills – ability to communicate and influence across levels and functions
- Ability to establish a trusted advisor relationship with clients
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Strong program management and organizational skills, including:
- Proven track record in leading programs and projects from the design phase to successful completion, working with a wide variety of stakeholders under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to drive collaboration between multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in establishing and measuring metrics to define success for an initiative
- Strong technical capabilities, such as:
- Understanding of Fannie Mae’s rates products and credit products and how initiatives with lender customers impact Fannie Mae’s products
- Proven ability to identify the strategic big picture across various complex strategies and articulate the big picture to various stakeholders
- Proven ability to design and implement strategic marketing solutions, inclusive of in-person and digital strategies
- Business analysis skills – ability to translate business needs into comprehensive solutions and see those solutions through to execution
- Ability to quickly learn, articulate, and teach new subject matter, across a variety of fixed income products and multiple business units
- Quantitative analysis skills – review and understand financial data; analyze marketplace trends
- Excellent presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills – synthesize technical product information into compelling marketing materials and succinctly express key features of programs, products, and disclosures
- A keen attention to detail
- An understanding of Fannie Mae's role in the mortgage finance system, Fannie Mae's business activities, Fannie Mae’s financials, and how they fit together corporately and strategically
- Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Management consulting experience a plus
- Multifamily related experience preferred
Functions in a lead role by providing technical guidance and direction to colleagues/clients in area(s) of expertise. Provides subject matter expertise and performs at the senior most level within area of discipline in the Capital Markets market-facing functions with the broad objective of providing liquidity and support to lenders, investors, and the broader capital markets. Develops solutions and resolves the most complex issues, as necessary. Uses knowledge of specialty areas and full knowledge of related disciplines. Work is typically performed without direction. Determines objectives and approaches to assignments for self and for team.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55101