Fannie Mae Careers
Software (Java/J2EE) Engineer
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Single-Family Technology team in Reston, VA is currently searching for a Full-Stack Engineer (Java & J2EE) with a passion for building awesome applications to design/develop customer-centric applications and take part in the Digital Transformation Initiatives for one of our Flagship products (Desktop Underwriter).
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Intermediate proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Intermediate proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Intermediate proficiency in applying behavior-driven testing techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3 – 5 years of experience of full-stack development using Java and J2EE
- Experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring Security
- Experience in testing automation using Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit
- Hands-On experience with Database development and tools with SQL, O/RM, Flyway, OLTP Database Tuning, etc.
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash, shell and python)
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services with JWT (JSON Web Tokens)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55080