Fannie Mae Careers
Software Engineer IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience of hands-on design and development and having full application development to deployment experience
- Experience with (SDLC) software methodologies (e.g., SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall); Agile development experience is preferred
- Expertise in development languages such as: Java, C/C++, HTML, XML, SQL, UNIX, .NET
- Familiarity with basic networking and infrastructure design principles
- Experience with micro services
- SOA - Building scalable Services and API's
- Understanding of Architecture and design patterns, best code practices, defensive programming and able to write framework level code
- Good understanding of load balancing, Application Server clustering, network, Infrastructure and Single Sign-on based web application development
- A minimum of 8+ years with performance optimizations such as improving scalability, availability, throughput, failover, etc.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and technologies as IAAS, PAAS
- Experience with developing applications using distributed and high performing caching mechanism
- Strong DevOps technical skills in Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Puppet, Artifactory, and GIT, Jmeter etc.
- Strong problem solving skills in troubleshooting issues and maintenance of webservice applications on Serverside using Apache Tomcat, Maven, JSON, and Eclipse
- A minimum of 8+ years with relational databases such as Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL) and SQL Server (Transact SQL)
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience with ETL and any Business Intelligence tools like Tableau, Micro Strategy etc.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture frameworks like TOGAF etc. preferred
- Experience using Architecture Modeling tools like MEGA HOPEX, System Architect, Troux, Rational Software Architect etc. preferred
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity, is a self-starter, embraces continuous improvement, and is execution-oriented
- Maintains strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Exhibits confidence and knowledge in solving complex problems
- Ability to interface competently with other technical team members to finalize requirements
- Ability to develop proficiency in new skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Strong technical writing, communication and presentation skills
Req ID: 55074