Fannie Mae Careers
Director Project Management & Test Engineering
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and direct the work of a unit whose staff plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Unit staff gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. Staff may provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners. This position is in the Shared Services group within the Controllers division and leads the testing strategy and execution for ongoing system maintenance and transformational strategic initiatives
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of application development and/or business units for whom applications are being developed to determine scope and priority of projects so as to be able to allocate appropriate levels of resources to project development efforts.
- Assign staff to appropriate projects based on skill sets, demands and of projects; as needed, provide technical guidance to staff in the course of working on projects.
- Establish, communicate, and train staff in formal project management methodology as used in the corporation. Track progress of varied projects and assess compliance with the methodology, communicating re exceptions to appropriate management.
- Manage limited number of larger or more complex development projects; document and report progress, use of resources, and obstacles to application owner or business unit management.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A minimum of eight years of experience in software development, testing, program management and analysis including Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in technical sciences or information systems.
- Extensive experience managing testing programs for finance technology transformational initiatives.
- Well established track record of leading high-performing engagement teams that deliver high quality testing results while establishing/maintaining customer relationships at all levels including demonstrating successful business development and consulting capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams of various size in delivery of services to customer including leading remote resources
- Experience leading and developing internal practice capabilities and teams, contributing to testing methodologies/toolsets, developing thought leaderships and test automation
- Extensive functional understanding of end to end testing from system testing through user acceptance testing including hands-on experience with industry leading test management and test automation toolsets
- Ability to formulate and express ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written presentations
- PMP, ISTQB, CSM certifications are a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55034