Fannie Mae Careers
Risk Policy Associate IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Assess, draft, and/or update corporate risk policies. Communicate these policies to pertinent business units and evaluate their compliance with the policies. Accumulate data indicating success of policies and degrees of compliance and report to senior management. May analyze corporate or industry wide practices in order to assess current policies and develop new policies consistent with best practice and current market conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as point of contact with all levels of assigned business unit(s). Field questions and concerns, provide guidance and/or approvals, communicate policies and procedures, ensuring issue resolution.
- Take lead on drafting and maintaining policies and procedures, reporting metrics and or status. May require presentation to and sign-off from senior management.
- Lead efforts to develop and maintain policies/procedures.
- Lead the identification of control gaps in processes and consult on process optimization.
- Lead project management efforts related to remediation of issues identified by internal and external sources.
- Contribute to the process integrity efforts related to policy exceptions, limit breach management, and other corporate requirements.
- Develop both regular and ad hoc reports to monitor business unit trends, and analyze reports to identify key issues. Distribute reports to appropriate audiences, or summarize findings for inclusion in other reports/presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Ability to conduct risk assessments, in-depth targeted reviews, controls monitoring and testing.
- Demonstrated analytic skills as well as the ability to take disparate information and make recommendations quickly.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write assessments clearly, accurately and analytically to support detailed findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management, staff, customers and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and re-prioritize work as the needs of the business change.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, including ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals.
- Prior risk management, audit, compliance, and/or project management experience is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 55027