Fannie Mae Careers
Technology Engineer III - Multi-tier Application Architecture Specialist
Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least 4 years of experience with virtual infrastructure of multi-tenant and multi-tier applications.
- At least 4 years of experience with multi-tier application architecture and deployments
- At least 4 years of experience with one or more Application servers such as (JBoss, Weblogic, TCServer, etc)
- At least 3 years of experience with App-to-App integrations (Web Services, File Transfers, etc)
- At least 1 year of experience in relational databases (eg: Oracle)
- Understand lifecycle management of infrastructure( creation, migration, decommission, patching, backups, maintenance, upgrades, etc.)
- Should be able to work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the application infrastructures
- Good understanding of Java based applications and SDLC concepts
- Good communication and collaboration skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55026