Fannie Mae Careers
Database Administrator III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Design, structure, and maintain one or more discrete databases used by business units or infrastructure units. Test, quality control, and performance tune data to ensure its integrity and reliability. Confer with business unit and technical staff regarding extracting data for particular reports. Monitor or accomplish refreshing of data and installation and testing of new releases or patches of database software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Play lead technical role in maintaining or modifying database(s) in production. Track system availability, uptime, and performance. Confer with less experienced DBAs and guide their efforts in maintaining databases.
- Confer with application development staff or project management staff regarding project planning, resource allocation, task definitions and schedules for substantial projects involving database(s).
- Plan and design database changes necessary for data conversion, tool configuration, data refresh or migration or other initiatives related to large application development project.
- Troubleshoot or confer with others troubleshooting errors or production problems involving databases to determine causes and proposed solutions.
- Set and document standards for use of databases with objectives of data integrity, data security, efficient operation, audit requirements, and the like. Communicate to others in development or database administration roles.
- Confer with managers in networking, systems operations, applications, and client/user community to maintain stable and efficient operating environment for database(s).
- May provide technical lead, project leadership or staff supervision in large development, migration, testing, acceptance or product rollout project.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Engage with the business team on requirements for development of a new technology platform to cover all aspects of the business.
- Develop business requirements for the build of the new platform.
- Implement the new technology platform.
- Develop training for all levels of the business and analysts on the new platform.
- Need thorough knowledge of all relevant current software and internet options for developing an optimum platform.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55024