Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better. Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Treasury Product Team supports Fannie Mae’s debts, investments, and derivatives portfolios. We create, maintain, and enhance the applications that source liquidity from the capital markets to run Fannie Mae’s business. We partner with our development teams to provide innovative and industry leading solutions, be it software or processes, to our customers who are traders and middle / back office analysts.
Within the Treasury Product Team, the Product Owner is responsible for defining minimum viable products (MVPs), product backlog maintenance, acceptance criteria and managing plans, issues and risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drives the vision and definition of the product
- Knows why we’re building the product, its audience, and what problem it will solve
- Represents the voice of the customer, represents the customer’s interest
- Drives the priority of the delivery teams work on the “right things” from the stakeholder’s perspective
- Understands the business, technology, and process context in which a product delivers value
- Writes new user stories, ensuring that acceptance criteria is met when code is complete
- Contributes to sprint and release planning
- Regularly keeps in touch with every product stakeholder
- Responsible for sharing insights throughout the company regarding the product and the business values
- Partners with product designers to define an awesome user experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong background in usability and/or software development and architecture
- Experience with fixed income products
- Experience with FusionCapital Summit
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment with focus on Scrum, XP and Kanban methodologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-first mentality
- Strong ‘systems thinking’, and ability to articulate the big picture
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) training
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 55003