Fannie Mae Careers
Procurement Specialist III
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude in performing procurement activities in support of multiple business units for high risk goods and services, in collaborative partnership with executive management and business units. Create a collaborative environment with business units and functional areas, to deliver innovative solutions to complex needs. Identify and mitigate supplier risk and business exposure. Responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to and for ensuring that appropriate documentation exists for all procurement and supplier management activities.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Deliver procurement expertise through assuming a leadership role in the following actions: Independently analyze and interpret data, and develop strategies to drive performance improvements, innovation, savings, and mitigate risks in highly complex, business critical goods and services. Drive implementation of these solutions.
- May lead and direct small teams to obtain business solutions on highly complex, nonstandard agreements.
- Assume a leadership role within the Fannie Mae procurement team and in working with clients and suppliers.
- Assist management, peers, suppliers and internal clients in understanding established procurement policies and procedures, while providing customer satisfaction through measurable results.
- Continually assess market conditions for potential opportunities and risks, and utilize industry understanding to bring forth innovative solutions.
- Communicate / negotiate in a proactive manner to effectively avoid or resolve issues and problems.
- Establish, execute and track project plans, utilizing fundamental project management techniques.
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate and improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Support supplier diversity initiatives as appropriate.
- Manage procurement records and data, responsible for data quality and maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Minimum of 4 years of sourcing experience in Technology (Software, Hardware and Cloud).
- Strong contract negotiation skills and experience working with redline documents and Legal throughout complex contracting processes.
- Demonstrated success in leading sourcing project teams for indirect related categories which result in successful sourcing project delivery with qualitative and quantitative results preferred. Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively deal with a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate the sourcing process effectively at all levels in the company through presentations, reports and orally. Should be an articulate, persuasive person who is comfortable working at all levels.
- Ability to use metrics, methods and procedures which drive sourcing results across the team / projects, and provide linkage to corporate objectives. Excellent analytical skills are required.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54995