Fannie Mae Careers
Operations Risk Analyst IV- Strategy and Objective Setting
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Identify, measure, and monitor the company's operational risk in how its transactions and infrastructure function. Assess risks from unauthorized trading, software or hardware failures, lack of oversight of operations, or contingencies that would prompt disaster recovery programs. Assess threats to data integrity and security of networks and the consequences of failures or breaches. Recommend or implement risk mitigation strategies or practices.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Study and review business processes in assigned business unit; examine documentation and flow of work through systems.
- Confer with business unit staff on business problems or the execution of unusual transactions. Coordinate across business and corporate units, and with customers in ensuring that these less common transactions or exchanges are executed appropriately.
- Where required by internal policies or external agencies, develop documentation of business processes and safeguards. May prepare reports for inclusion in larger mandated report(s).
- Plan and facilitate presentations and workshop sessions on process analysis, risk identification, assessment, control and mitigation. May use formal process improvement methodologies to assess and improve operating procedures in work unit(s).
- Confer with business unit management and staff by scoping business problems, analyzing processes, losses and risk exposure and sharing lessons learned. Identify key problem drivers, and reinforce operational procedures with appropriate internal controls.
- As needed, participate in or play technical lead in disaster recovery effort.
- Measure and analyze performance improvement results in a business or corporate unit. Support overall IT control practices, and remediation action plan execution, and integration and systems development life cycle testing and systems certification.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Knowledge of audit and / risk assessment coverage planning
- Understanding of the Fannie Mae Enterprise Risk Policy, ORM Policy and supporting standards
- ORM framework and capabilities knowledge
- Risk measurement and analysis -- conceptual knowledge
- Knowledge of risk appetite statements and key risk indicators
- Demonstrated experience communicating with executives and collaborating across teams
- Demonstrated experience implementing strategic plans and objectives
- Prior consulting experience in financial services or risk management
- Support the Manager in ensuring compliance with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Oversight Coverage Procedure; including but not limited to the Coverage Plan documentation.
- Perform activity/capacity planning for the ORM required Risk Identification, Assessment and Response activities.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54989