Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Plan and lead multiple business testing team projects and software releases while progressively strengthening the testing function. Create and drive user acceptance testing process methodology utilized by each test manager and their testing team during the implementation of new products and enhancements. Coordinate the unit's efforts with application owners, application development management and project managers.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application developers, project managers, application owners to determine specifications of applications under development, or for which patches/migrations are being planned. Oversee/contribute to development of testing parameters and standards.
- Manage and develop staff, including establishing and enforcing standards, coaching staff, planning, documenting and conducting performance evaluations.
- Plan, schedule, and designate resources to be used in testing projects for multiple applications.
- Work with pertinent management to plan testing projects in response to corporate needs, regulatory requirements, or reporting obligations. Scope work, priorities, and resources and propose ways of allocating resources to satisfy project requirements.
- Make periodic or project-related reports of progress of testing programs, with metrics relevant to various audiences.
- May contribute to technical aspects of the unit's work, such as by gathering and defining performance requirements, designing and evaluating system and application performance tests, and performing root cause analysis of performance problems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Desktop Underwriter or mortgage industry knowledge and/or experience is a plus.
- Java background and should have familiarity with Behavior Driven Development (BDD)/Test Driven Development (TDD) methodology.
- Experience in creating automated testing in open source automation tools like Cucumber and Selenium and use of CICD tools like Jenkins and Gherkin.
- Database experience will be a plus.
- Experience working in Agile environment and working with methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban are a must.
- Good understanding of the deployment, build and release process, as well influencing others and gaining adoption of new practices and technologies.
- People management experience in leading and developing teams is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Hewlett-Packard – Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite of products is preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54987