Fannie Mae Careers
Product Development Manager - Financial Services IV
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Utilize expertise in leading and performing assignments related to developing new products or improving existing products for an assigned marketing initiative or customer group. Interpret reports and other data and provide expertise to internal and external customers. Conduct research and determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May operate in a lead or supervisory role.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead teams in developing and defining business requirements for mortgage products. Conduct research and analyses. Assess market needs and opportunities. Maintain industry relations and coordinate response on relevant industry developments.
- Operate in a lead capacity during product development. Define scope, project management plans, and issues and risks. Manage timely and effective product delivery and deployment.
- Establish, maintain, and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to product development.
- Test products. Ensure that products and product enhancements yield expected business results.
- Manage lender and vendor implementations. Coordinate activities to deliver products to market.
- Educate customers. Provide strategic product expertise and guidance on significant matters. Oversee development of product documentation, FAQs, reference materials for internal and external audiences, and customer training.
- Design and develop marketing initiatives, promotions, and communications related to specific products, product lines, or product areas.
- Provide ongoing marketing support to ensure competitiveness of existing products. Recommend enhancements.
- May perform complex product development and management projects. Provide information to internal and/or external customers.
- Manage stakeholder relationships and support any portfolio communications
- Facilitate portfolio meetings with stakeholders and ensure consistent, transparent decision-making for portfolio
- Participate in business strategy discussions
- Manage intake process, facilitate impact analysis and prioritization, estimation of resources, cost, time, and risk of changes
- Support the prioritization of product backlog and release roadmap through PI planning sessions
- Manage maintenance budget and resource planning for portfolio, working within governance infrastructure
- Drive escalations as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Must have strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience presenting at the executive level is required
- Must have strong business background with knowledge and expertise in finance and budgeting
- Demonstrated ability to educate, coach, and inform stakeholders on complex business issues and competencies
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to proactively engage with audiences at all levels, including senior level executives, to identify insights, best practices, and business opportunity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of management and customers
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54982