Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Manage a team that will apply comprehensive knowledge of business functions in pre/post foreclosure areas such as; claims and invoice processing, payment approvals and research, servicer and non-servicer/vendor activity, primary and secondary insurance, government claims, recourse and a variety of other collection activities and processes. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to processes and procedures and overall strategy. Participate in or lead special projects.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage daily team activities related to one or more business functions in pre/post foreclosure areas.
- Collaborate with internal staff, mortgage insurance companies, lenders, attorneys, government offices, vendors, or others with the goal of process alignment and reduction of the firms' credit losses and exposure to losses. Develop and maintain relationships.
- Establish schedules and priorities. Prepare and deliver status reporting in areas such as metrics, staffing statistics, resource tracking, SOX compliance, unit progress, issue tracking, and other relevant areas.
- Monitor team productivity.
- Ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and the firm's policies. Oversee development of policies, procedures, and implementation of key controls to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and enhance systems efficiency. Support systems enhancements. Improve efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor team progress, and maintain schedules.
- Develop team members and provide ongoing professional guidance and direction.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Manage day-to-day activities related to multiple projects within the department to ensure achievement of business goals and objectives. Formulate goals, identify key stakeholders, and manage relationships. Resolve concerns on highly significant matters.
- Develop business processes to manage projects. Align with other projects. Track, monitor, and report activities. Analyze results. Present insights and best practices.
- Identify and facilitate technology changes to support project needs. Identify, define and support introduction of new products and business initiatives, including opportunities to streamline and automate. Ensure the technology environment is stable and meets the business's needs.
- Manage process reviews to assess overall process effectiveness. Ensure consistent methodology and alignment with business unit priorities. Advise management of significant findings.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54963