Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Digital Communications Architecture
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Director Digital Communications Architect will drive development of Fannie Mae's digital information architecture to support external communication strategies. This opportunity is within a digital marketing organization, working with several market facing web properties. The Director Digital Communications Architect reports into the VP of Brand Strategy and Marketing, and collaborates closely with the Director of Digital and Social Communications and Director of Web Shared Services. An ideal candidate will have a balanced skillset of deep expertise in digital technologies, digital architecture best practices, web strategy, web development, platform implementation, design thinking, user journey mapping, digital communications, marketing software, social media platforms, and video distribution.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Helps define and drive - through information structure and design thinking - the creation of a positive user experience on our websites, platforms & applications and provide expertise on digital marketing initiatives.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Implements information architecture by preparing documentation, interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with IT Architecture, Digital Marketing, Digital Category Managers, and Product managers to integrate business strategy, site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Works with internal stakeholders to articulate benefits of proposed solutions; influences technical roadmap of enterprise platforms; and helps business prioritize work.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists (UX/UI).
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provides positive user experience by determining information structure for Web sites and Web applications primarily through the organization of content.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- Passionate about digital architecture discipline and web marketing
- Provides depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple digital strategy disciplines
- Self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, knows what success looks like and how to accomplish it
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for digital infrastructures and web tactic choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and by adding value
- Believes in “you build it, you own it” software development model, that good software development includes good testing, resiliency, monitoring, documentation, and collaboration
- Hands-on with Cloud Native Architectures, in particular architecting enterprise applications on public cloud such as AWS, GCP or Azure
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54908