Fannie Mae Careers
Director Digital and Social Media Communications
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The Digital and Social Media Communications Director will drive the strategy for Fannie Mae's enterprise social and digital platform campaigns. This opportunity is within a digital marketing and communications organization, working with stakeholders to develop the strategy and content for social and digital properties. The Digital and Social Media Director reports into the Vice President of External Communications, and collaborates closely with the Director of Web Shared Services and the Director Digital Information Architect. An ideal candidate will have a balanced skillset of deep expertise in social media and digital platforms, content and SEO strategy, as well as metrics and analytics. As a strategic advisor and key relationship manager to leadership and internal clients, this position will chair the digital strategy council and drive the tactical execution of campaigns.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees and manages the social media strategy for Fannie Mae at the enterprise level, including executive online strategy. Leads the digital and social reputation management by developing social media campaigns that resonate with target audiences.
- Partners with Public Relations and Corporate Initiatives teams on social media and digital strategy and tactics to support our business strategies and priorities.
- Collaborates with internal and external clients on social media and digital strategy.
- Responsible for online crisis and issues monitoring and management in collaboration with others.
- Develops the SEO strategy. Leads digital and social media content strategy for FannieMae.com and provides counsel on telling our stories in a clear, concise, and engaging manner.
- Writes and edits content for digital placement; identifying which channels and platforms to employ for each campaign. Manages digital metrics and analytics (including SEO).
- Provides daily leadership, management and coaching of the digital and social media team. Drives execution of social media and digital communications strategy at enterprise level.
- Engages with internal stakeholders on overarching FM digital editorial calendar. Partners with Director Digital Communications Architect and Digital Shared Services to influence communications roadmap of enterprise platforms and execute on media strategy. Articulates benefits of proposed solutions; and helps business prioritize work.
- Monitors company and industry themes/news, alerting internal stakeholders as needed, and provides suggestions for timely content within owned social platforms.
- Stays current on industry trends and technological developments, sharing this information and best practices to inform team members and evolve the social media strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 10+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Passionate about digital communications and social media.
- Experience in content strategy, creative thinking, storytelling and creating the best exposure and experience for our partners and customers
- Depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple digital and social media strategy disciplines
- Self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, knows what success looks like and how to accomplish it
- Values data and truth over ego
- Has good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for digital and social media campaign choices
- Has ability to build consensus and iteratively improve solutions
- Firmly believes in leading by influence and by adding value
- Understand back-end strategies, metadata, linking taxonomy; knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Hands-on experience with social media, online content strategy, digital platforms, SEO, analytics, and communication tools
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54904