Fannie Mae Careers
Operations Analyst I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress.
The Operations Analyst ensures accurate and timely execution of our business transactions by clearly understanding our customers' needs and end-to-end business processes. Manages, executes, monitors, and validates production transactions/activities to ensure accuracy and adherence to guidelines and mitigation of operational and financial risk. The analyst owns resolution of customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues. Works under general supervision to manage business process of low to medium complexity and/or support a production process of high complexity.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Monitor, analyze and accurately execute low to medium complexity transactions to support business operations
- Build relationship with internal partners and external customers and vendors, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration and business results
- Work across business units to improve monitoring, discover issues, mitigate risk and deliver better value to the customer
- Adhere to internal controls and provide support for audit and regulatory reviews
- Identify and resolve customer transaction reporting, processing, accounting and control issues
- Raise technical issues, report them to our technology partners and leadership. Support (as requested) the technology group by testing system enhancements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
- Attention to detail and a sense of urgency. Must be willing to take ownership and accountability for department tasks.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Excellent time management and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Inquisitive, questioning nature; desire to learn.
- Experience with electronic payments (ACH & Fedwire), reconciliations and basic accounting skills is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to identify operational and process issues and collaborate to provide solutions.
- Ability to identify processing efficiencies and collaborate to implement.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54867