Fannie Mae Careers
Technology Engineer III - NetDevOps Transformation
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
The selected candidate will be focused on the technical engineering of Fannie Mae's DNS/IPAM infrastructure to ensure maximum availability, and will help to develop / execute network programmability initiatives. This is also creative role that will give the selected candidate an opportunity to apply experience and/or interest in coding / scripting as well as problem solving experience to transform & improve the network environment.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The realm of responsibility in this role will be focused on DNS IPAM engineering (Infoblox/QIP/BIND) and Python-based NetDevOps transformation. The selected candidate should possess the following experience at a minimum …
- 4+ years of hands-on network engineer / operations experience in the realms of routing & switching (Cisco, Juniper), object-based firewalls (Check Point, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA), load balancers (F5 equipment, LTM, GTM, APM, ASM), and DNS/IPAM (Infoblox, QIP, BIND)
- Understanding of TCP/IP
- Understanding of data security controls, protocols, and methods SSL, IPSec, etc.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux based operating systems and applications
- Working knowledge of hosted services such as Office365, WebEx, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54861