Fannie Mae Careers
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under limited supervision, compile, consolidate, and analyze accounting and finance information for production of financial reports and statements. Ensure that documentation and process flows are complete, current, and accessible. Perform research and analyses requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile sub-ledgers, and complete extracts for report distribution. Produce monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Reconcile and adjust various general ledger accounts and/or bank statements. Ensure accurate, complete, and timely transaction processing. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management.
- Perform moderately complex analyses.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Assist in testing and implementing changes to accounting functions and processes necessary to comply with changes in accounting regulations.
- Recommend technological enhancements.
- May serve as point of contact for accounts payable or accounts receivable transactions.
- May perform moderately complex accounting projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum 2 years of operational accounting experience (Preferably in credit finance industry)
- CPA or working towards CPA
- Intermediate to Advanced level MS-Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner (both written and Verbal)
- Proven ability to learn unique and complex concepts through self-study, formal training and peer-to-peer interactions
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54858