Fannie Mae Careers
Project Manager I
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Under general supervision, plan, manage, and execute varied software development, customization, or IT systems development projects. Gather information at front end to determine project parameters and specifications, and to budget human, financial and other resources. May provide technical oversight to some staff and track attainment of project milestones. Report on progress and budget expenditures to project owners.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet with application owners, application developers and analysts, coding staff and the like to determine business needs and functionalities desired for new or revised application.
- Plan course of project, including milestones, resources needed in the form of staff hours, budget, use of technology and tools and document in project plan, following established project management methodology.
- Track course of project from meetings, conferring with developers, and receiving reports. Update project plan as needed. Document changes to scope or functionalities with change ticket, project plan, or other format.
- Assess conformity of development process to accepted methodology and communicate to responsible managers or staff. Document exceptions or deviations as needed. Convene meetings and plan agenda to ensure important issues are aired and resolved.
- Report on progress of project, use of staff, $ expenditures, progress on milestones and the like to application owners.
- Provide guidance to appropriate project staff; may provide technical input, and input to their managers regarding performance and technical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have extensive experience managing project budget and expenses.
- Must have background in accounting or finance.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and track risks and issues.
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with establishing product metrics, capability metrics and/or release metrics.
- Experience with common software development life cycle methodologies is preferred; experience with application of Agile/Scrum techniques a plus.
- Knowledge of securitization and servicing practices a strong plus.
- Experience with Fannie Mae approved standard tools such as Microsoft Office 365 products (including Excel, Project, Visio, SharePoint), EPPM, Remedy (Service Management Platform), Jira, Confluence a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54811