Fannie Mae Careers
Lead Java Software Engineer and Design Architect
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Assess high level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software, and interactions with other systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the team in the writing of deployment scripts and place strong emphasis in automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous delivery process.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in large/complex development projects
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives
- Mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
- Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Expert proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques. Provide expertise for teams in all matters related to deployment, building and release process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
- 10+ years enterprise IT application experience preferred with at least 8+ years’ hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, and systems architecture experience.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on application architecture and design.
- Experience working with product teams on requirements and technical guidance.
- 6+ years’ experience hands-on technical lead, leading medium to large team(s).
- 5+ years application development experience using Agile methodologies.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Java/JEE, JPA/Hibernate, Spring, Web services (REST).
- 3+ years’ experience working in DevOps, including Jenkins, AWS, Docker.
- 3+ years’ experience working in microservices based architecture.
- 2+ years’ experience working in Angular.
- 5+ years’ experience working in Unix based environments.
- 5+ years’ experience in production support that has high visibility/SLA.
- Strong development/technical skills in Tomcat, Maven, SVN, Oracle, and Mockito.
- Strong problem solving skills in troubleshooting development/production issues.
- Experience with Fannie Mae Acquisitions Applications is a plus.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Req ID: 54795