Fannie Mae Careers
Technology Engineer III - Network Engineering
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Primarily focused on Cisco-based network technologies relating to the following architectures:
- Data Center
- Develop project/technology related documentation, for example:
- Design (HLD, LLD)
- Network Diagrams
- Standard Operational Move Add Change Delete (MACD) Processes
- Maintenance Procedures
- Configuration Standards
- Perform Plan, Design, Testing, Implementation and Handover technology project phases
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Cross-train Network Engineering and Operations support personnel on network technologies
- Provide on/off hours technical troubleshooting support as required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
Core Technical Skills Required …
- Cisco Routing & Switching: Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, ACI (optional Juniper JunOS)
- IP Routing OSPF, EIGRP and BGP
- Data Center / Campus / WAN Design Architectures, and related technologies: MPLS, SD-WAN, Cisco ACI, VXLAN-EVPN, Multicast PIM/IGMP
Technical Experience and / or Interest in Some (or All) of the Following Areas Desired …
- Amazon Web Service (AWS) Infrastructure and related design concepts.
- Wireless LAN Services: Cisco-based wireless LAN designs and technologies (PEAP)
- Network Services: Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxies, Packet Capture Infrastructure (Cisco, Checkpoint, BlueCoat, F5, Avi Networks, Gigamon, etc.)
- Network Programmability: Python, Perl, J, Ansible, SON, XML, Native REST APIs, Puppet/Chef, Git-based version control systems (GitHub, BitBucket, etc.).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54772