Fannie Mae Careers
Security Engineer II
- Conduct platform or operating system vulnerability scans that assess exposure of system to attacks or hacking. Monitor
- Security Operations pager and respond to issues of potential viral activity, spam, phishing, etc.
- Administer controls and review their application to ensure that system's controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively relative to the predicted effectiveness of the controls.
- Investigate events or incidents of apparent security breaches and report to appropriate authorities using corporate procedures.
- Confer and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure that appropriate controls are installed, operating properly, and being monitored and reported.
- May plan and/or conduct tests of the core infrastructure and the contingency environment for critical business applications to ensure business continuity in the event of a computer security incident.
- Aggregate metrics of operation of security controls, as well as apparent attacks, breaches, and other pertinent data; track trends and prepare for periodic security reports.
- Participate in projects designed to test defenses against hacking, denial of service, spam, break-ins, or similar attacks.
- May provide guidance to infrastructure or application staff participating in exercise.
- Examine and/or test new methodologies or tools that could be adopted to enhance security of platforms, infrastructure, or access to data.
- Experience building frameworks and tooling to solve most operational issues.
- 3+ years’ experience with Python, Perl, Ruby or other dynamic programming languages.
- 3+ years’ experience in integrating security, IAM products and/or network engineering in mid to large enterprises.
- Experience with Access Management and Federation products such as ForgeRock OpenAM, IBM Security Access
- Manager, or Oracle Access Manager is preferred.
- 3+ years of web services development and implementation experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with XML, REST, and JSON.
Req ID: 54762