Fannie Mae Careers
Business Analysis Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Examine, assess, and document business operations and procedures of operating or administrative unit. Relate these procedures to IT/IS systems and applications that are designed to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing reports, downloads, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input to IT/IS specialists in development projects to assist in developing specifications and functionalities in IT systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a team of business analysts whose responsibility is to become thoroughly familiar with the business or operational processes of a business unit office, so that these can be translated into business requirements for existing or new IT/IS applications.
- Participate in planning or project meetings in which the application development process is in early stages of defining business requirements. Ensure that the requirements of the client office(s) are thoroughly and completely represented.
- Conduct or oversee the development of detailed business definition and requirement development and their documentation for multiple applications.
- Plan, document, manage, and evaluate the performance of subordinate staff. Provide professional/ technical development opportunities through assignments, mentoring, and training opportunities.
- Ensure that the process of business requirement definition is high quality, is documented, and is consistent with corporate standards of internal controls and auditability.
- Coordinate with management and staff engaged in application development, coding, testing, user acceptance testing and production to ensure that business requirements are consistently represented and satisfied.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Ability to lead business team members and manage day-to-day functions/tasks
- Ability to provide structure for complex tasks and lead/coach/provide direction to junior staff members
- Ability to build consensus and drive decisions when dealing with internal clients and other stakeholders
- Must have experience juggling multiple priorities and working in a fast paced environment
- Manage vendor relationship related to COTS product
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Must have strong analytical skills including ability to analyze large quantities of data
- Must have ability to quickly understand and grasp complex processes and concepts that require strong mathematics background (such as pricing and best execution for a loan)
- Understanding of the mortgage lifecycle, MBS, hedging and trading concepts strongly preferred
- Must have strong SQL and MS Office skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54747