Fannie Mae Careers
Senior Enterprise Program Manager
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Operate with considerable latitude while cross-functionally engaging project teams and stakeholders in order to advance a portfolio of Enterprise projects/programs including major corporate strategic initiatives. Identify and resolve project interdependencies, and related execution issues/risks, in order to achieve Enterprise program management/governance goals and objectives. Provide value-added expertise in developing new concepts, techniques, and standards across multiple business units and initiatives. Make recommendations and develop solutions for stakeholders on program management and planning to ensure proper planning and timely implementation of projects. Position requires strong judgment and influencing, communication and negotiating skills. Operate cross-functionally at all levels within the organization. Candidate functions in a lead role by providing project planning, alignment, execution, governance, and guidance to colleagues/clients in area(s) of expertise.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Apply a strong bias for execution and the ability to translate strategy into action, in managing the operational aspects of the Enterprise program which includes multiple ongoing projects in support of multiple major, corporate strategic initiatives. Coordinate with key internal and external partners, ensuring all parties are appropriately informed, engaged and driving desired results in support of Fannie Mae projects.
- Develop methods to monitor progress of multiple projects across business units and initiatives. Provide analytical support in synthesizing and reporting results. Track progress against enterprise plan and ensure project teams and other stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver a timely implementation
- Proactively identify and resolve time sensitive project risks, issues, interdependencies, and conflicts, both within and across business units and initiatives and coordinate implementation. Use strong relationship management and communication skills to outcomes align with overall Enterprise as well as program goals and objectives.
- Create and implement and document common procedures and practices that can be applied cross-functionally, ensuring adherence to corporate and business unit standards.
- Ensure stakeholders find value and understand procedures and practices and have the tools to comply.
- Partner with FP&A to establish appropriate level of investment for projects and maintain the funding approval as needed.
- Provide expert advice and interpretation of corporate governance activities including, policies, procedures and Delegations of Authority.
- Ideal candidates would have some background in Financial Services, Technology and Consulting offering insight and perspective on strategy, execution, monitoring and reporting
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to organically offer perspectives and insights into the art of the possible and have the capacity to listen, learn and influence stakeholders.
- Capacity to build strong relationships and achieve results through demonstrating strong interpersonal skills that help drive inspire and influence collaboration.
- Demonstrate aptitude for paying close attention to details and capacity to deliver high-quality, impactful verbal and written presentation and communications.
- Ability to organize, facilitate and lead workshops.
- Capacity to study current state business process and apply creativity in defining future processes.
- Ability to leverage technology capabilities to fulfill automation opportunities and reimagination of how work gets done.
- Ability to apply critical thinking in sourcing information, analyzing information and summarizing information.
- Ability to frame and articulate concepts, thoughts, approaches and ideas into storyboards, visual graphics and layouts that will resonate at the executive level.
- Lead data sourcing, data rationalization, analytics, interpretation, deliver perspectives on what is learned and provide options and recommendations.
- Understands core project management principles and have the ability to identify, triage and offer solutions and recommendations for mitigating issues and risk.
- Exceptional MS Office skills; specifically, Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote).
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54746