Fannie Mae Careers
Director of Procurement - Credit Services
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Director of Procurement is responsible for guiding the development of Category Plans and Sourcing Strategies, coordinating and aligning the strategies with business objectives for the categories within scope. This role will be part of a team charged with managing $4.5+ billion in annual spend, highly concentrated in complex categories such as professional services, real estate asset management, IT and telecommunications, among others. This role will work with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment at the strategy level. This role will ensure that purchasing processes are conducted in a manner consistent with corporate standards and internal control requirements. Reporting to this role will be a number of Category Managers and Procurement Specialists.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee and manage development and implementation of strategies for procurement initiatives.
- Formulate goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Collaborate with business unit management in understanding requirements, analyzing market and industry conditions, and develop plans to procure supplies and outsourced services in a manner best suited to achieving corporate business objectives.
- Provide input on policy and process standardization and identify opportunities for continuous process improvement.
- Monitor relationships with vendors and suppliers. Communicate corporate procurement standards to vendors.
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver tangible and sustainable value.
- Monitor and/or lead review of bid packages, proposals, selection of suppliers, and contract negotiations as well as other documents and deliverables.
- Negotiate or oversee negotiation with vendors regarding specific allocation of vendor resources and their alignment with corporate objectives.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 8+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in Category Management, preferably in categories related to Credit Services, including property management, maintenance, and other categories related to real estate.
- Expertise in Strategic Sourcing methodology and understanding of key negotiation levers categories related to real estate.
- Deep and demonstrated knowledge in Strategic Sourcing and Category Management model with experience from strategy development to implementation.
- Experience leading cross functional teams preferably encompassing Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, and/or supplier operations management professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders to understand business objectives, procurement needs and identify cost effective solutions.
- 5-10 years of experience in a Corporate Procurement function, preferably at a Fortune 100 Financial Services company.
- Direct management/supervisory experience leading a team of at least 5 or more people.
- Previous experience leading a team of Category Managers and Sourcing projects in a broad range of categories, encompassing both products and services.
- Strong project execution and management skills -- plan development, team management, risk management, etc.
- Experience leading cross functional teams to define Sourcing Strategy and execute Strategic Sourcing initiatives.
- Deep contract negotiation experience.
- Action/Results Driven. Experience leading and coaching teams to deliver results without sacrificing quality and timeliness of delivery.
- Ability to lead by example, setting and achieving high standards for self as well as team.
- Ability to work under tight time frames.
- Ability to influence others at all levels.
- Knowledge of mortgage industry preferred.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54685