Fannie Mae Careers
Product Developer for Affordable Housing
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Support Product Owners in defining minimal viable products, product backlog maintenance, acceptance criteria and managing plans, issues and risks.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- May assist in determining product deployment and rollout calendar with glide path to customer adoption, including definition of product registration activities. Establish, maintain and adhere to appropriate compliance and controls related to business processes and product development.
- May manage customer and vendor/Technology Solutions Provider (TSP) implementations. May coordinate activities around customer and TSP readiness for successful product adoption.
- Create or oversee development of product documentation, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and other reference material for internal and external audiences. May develop and conduct Customer Training (internal or external) through webinars, focus group engagements, lender advisory panels or onsite visits.
- May work with Strategy, Insights and Marketing teams (SIM) to design and develop marketing initiatives, promotions. Execute communications plan tasks including internal/external readiness, release notes, lender letters, Guide Announcements for product rollout. Ensure detailed customer rollout plan to ensure effective and timely adoption. Provide SIMs marketing support to ensure product competitiveness. May lead production issues/incident triage resolution. Monitor product performance and ensure legal compliance. Monitor and track regulatory mandate compliance and/or adoption readiness. Recommend enhancements.
- Participate in process of discovery for product by obtaining insights from stakeholders, including customer, Customer Delivery Team (CDT), SIM Customer User Interface Design (CXD) and Marketing. Analyzes data and gathered insights to assess market needs and competitive product opportunities. Provide recommendations. May maintain industry relations and coordinate response on relevant industry developments. Strong analytical skills. Participate in product epic discovery; may lead or participate in feature discovery; may lead feature; lead user story grooming. Conduct complex analysis to enable product feature development.
- Lead to ensure product/enhancements quality meets expected business results. May creates test strategy, define test scenarios, participate in test execution and/or facilitate customer testing through test and learn development iterations and closing the loop on customer feedback. Assess end to end business process impacts for cross functional/complex solutions.
- Execute Adoption roadmap responsibility. Execute regulatory mandates compliance responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of or experience in mortgage lending or affordable housing, with a willingness to take initiative to develop unique solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience working to create sustainable solutions for those with modest means preferred.
- Excellent ability to clearly and simply articulate complex concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate, collaborate, and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization and industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects requiring cross-functional collaboration with different business units.
- Ability to understand and incorporate larger corporate strategy into daily actions.
- Strong test and learn focus with ability to take data and analysis and determine and execute best options for success.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 54670